Voices live in every finite being,
Often undivined, near silence.
Hear them!
Hear them in you! in others!
They sense truth deep in all life;
They know the things true Pilgrims stand for.
Stand out!
Come to Him without the things the world brings;
Come to Him!
As a child and as a poor man.
He had all. He gave all.

~Charles Ives


Monday, July 11, 2011

Out of My Blogging Rut?

Though he may resent this post one day, I couldn't resist sharing the camouflage pants and the silver party purse. In his defense, the purse attraction seems mainly associated with putting things in other things and taking them out again.
I'm often surprised how long this take will keep his attention.

Where has the baby gone? And who is this little boy?

In other news he said his first recognizable words the other day: "all done!" This with his hands in the air at the end of the meal was to indicate that he was finished eating. He definitely has the sense of the words themselves though, since he has started saying them at the end of a prayer in place of "amen" or when he's done playing with a toy, etc.

What was it that I felt at first hearing his infant voice? I felt full, amazed, awe-struck, happy, proud...And now it seems that I am to daily discover new things he can do, understand and enjoy. I love this part!

3 comments:

  1. Camouflage pants and silver party purse = I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little face - I sure do miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. It sure is a fun stage right now. Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete