Voices live in every finite being,
Often undivined, near silence.
Hear them!
Hear them in you! in others!
They sense truth deep in all life;
They know the things true Pilgrims stand for.
Stand out!
Come to Him without the things the world brings;
Come to Him!
As a child and as a poor man.
He had all. He gave all.

~Charles Ives


Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Deborah Madison's Vegitarian

A couple of weeks ago I pulled out Vegetarian Cooking For Everyone by Deborah Madison. And to get us in the mood for the changing weather I started with soup.

First I made her basic stock.

The house smelled delicious.



Then I made Minestrone soup with lentils. It was worth the effort! Charlie and I both enjoyed it immensely, though Charlie's enthusiasm was a little muted due to the frequency soup has been on our menu lately.



While I was working...


4 comments:

  1. Hey there - after our conversation yesterday I found this article about Independant Playtime! It is really great. Hope you like it

    http://www.babywisemom.com/2010/10/starting-independent-playtime-late.html


    That soup looks amazing - wanna bring some over?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! When can I come? ; ) and thanks for the article. I'll look it up right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I love that one. Try the hearty lentil soup across the page next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that boy wearing those big, fat, cloth diapers? I was just wondering...he sure is cute. The soup looks great but I guess you know how it would go over in THIS house!

    ReplyDelete