Voices live in every finite being,
Often undivined, near silence.
Hear them!
Hear them in you! in others!
They sense truth deep in all life;
They know the things true Pilgrims stand for.
Stand out!
Come to Him without the things the world brings;
Come to Him!
As a child and as a poor man.
He had all. He gave all.

~Charles Ives


Monday, August 22, 2011

Still doing this...


But he's also doing this...


When he brings me the same three books all day I have to remind myself how wonderful it is that he is interested in books at all. Both Charlie and I were slow to fall in love with the written word. I'm so grateful that he's proving himself to be his own person in that regard.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. I'd say you're out of your blogging rut. Famine or feast, eh? I'm not complaining though. I LOVE all those pictures of your life and your cute son. I loved the Starbucks one. Dad is trying every chance he gets to turn his grandkids into McD's fans. I guess Mom has to get her influence in too. :)

    ReplyDelete