Voices live in every finite being,
Often undivined, near silence.
Hear them!
Hear them in you! in others!
They sense truth deep in all life;
They know the things true Pilgrims stand for.
Stand out!
Come to Him without the things the world brings;
Come to Him!
As a child and as a poor man.
He had all. He gave all.

~Charles Ives


Monday, August 22, 2011

Swearing In

This has been a particularly eventful summer for Robbie. First graduation, then passing his ordination exams, officially becoming a Chaplain in the Army, and finally being ordained in the PCA. The pictures that follow are of the family meal we shared the Sunday Uncle Steve came through St. Louis and swore Rob into the role of Army Chaplain. They were taken by Arrika Rayburn, who knows her camera a lot better than I do (We have the same one)!

The man of the hour!



Loved seeing Auntie Katie and Uncle Caleb love my little one. This last picture of them is particularly amusing. "Put a cork in it, Uncle Caleb!"

James and Arrika were excellent hosts. Arrika did the Rayburn Sunday meal for the first time and it was a smashing success!

Family portrait.

4 comments:

  1. how are you related to Katie and Caleb? just wondering cause they were fellow WCA people with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb is my cousin. His mom is my dad's sister. How are you, by the way?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow crazy small world! He and my bro were in the same class at WCA and Katie is a year younger than me (her older bro was in my bro's class too I think)! We are good, it has been a good summer, full of random travel which has been fun! Hope you are doing well! Can't wait to meet that little baby of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting these, Court!

    ReplyDelete