Voices live in every finite being,
Often undivined, near silence.
Hear them!
Hear them in you! in others!
They sense truth deep in all life;
They know the things true Pilgrims stand for.
Stand out!
Come to Him without the things the world brings;
Come to Him!
As a child and as a poor man.
He had all. He gave all.

~Charles Ives


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Last Rose of Summer?

Mom and Dad, thank you for our roses. They add so much to our backyard, and make me happy every time I look at them. Can you believe how big the bushes are already?



Unfortunately, I'm still battling Black Spot. sigh. I'm hopeful that next spring I can get a head start on it and keep it at bay. I'd also like to train them to grow along the top of the fence.

2 comments:

  1. You are so welcome, Honey; those blossoms are gorgeous! Your bushes look healthier than mine; don't know too many people who don't battle black spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Court, those roses look great! I can't believe how much they have grown. That little corner in your yard is a perfect little hideaway.
    I LOVE the expression on Charlito's face in the below pictures. Priceless. :-)

    ReplyDelete