Voices live in every finite being,
Often undivined, near silence.
Hear them!
Hear them in you! in others!
They sense truth deep in all life;
They know the things true Pilgrims stand for.
Stand out!
Come to Him without the things the world brings;
Come to Him!
As a child and as a poor man.
He had all. He gave all.

~Charles Ives


Thursday, October 21, 2010

Little Bear


Do you remember the Little Bear book? Nanny Payne gave it to me when I was a baby, and it is a big part of my childhood memories. Now I have my own...



5 comments:

  1. He is as cute as any Maurice Sendak bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aunt Tam (did you know I still think of you as Aunt Tam, even though I have called you Mrs. Gronewold all my life?)! I look forward to the day I can introduce him to you. ; )

    ReplyDelete