Voices live in every finite being,
Often undivined, near silence.
Hear them!
Hear them in you! in others!
They sense truth deep in all life;
They know the things true Pilgrims stand for.
Stand out!
Come to Him without the things the world brings;
Come to Him!
As a child and as a poor man.
He had all. He gave all.

~Charles Ives


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

We've been sick the last several weeks. First Charlie (III), then me, then Charlie (III) again. We're surviving and recovering, but do not have many pictures to show for it. These I took awhile ago, and I know I tend to take pictures of him eating, and I know I tend to post them, but these are the times his development stands out to me. I love how he has started to wait with his mouth open, expecting it to be filled,

how he leans forward to meet the spoon,

how he concentrates on swallowing,

how he's only distracted from the job by his doggy,

how excited he gets when she's around,

and how cute he is in the process.

By the way, I think you can also see in these photos the bit of progress in the shape of his skull. He's still flat back there, but he definitely has more shape than he used to. Phew.

4 comments:

  1. He's pretty stinkin' cute!! Sorry you have been ill. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking that same thing about how his head looks better already! that is so great! he is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to see more Rayburn in him these days...which of course just thrills me to my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just darling! And I love that the Italian in him knows how to take eating very seriously. I agree with Bryonie, I see a lot of Rayburn in that little face.

    Oh, and we always bust out the camera at mealtimes, but never at the other cute stuff. Maybe because it's the only time they are sitting contently.

    ReplyDelete