Voices live in every finite being,
Often undivined, near silence.
Hear them!
Hear them in you! in others!
They sense truth deep in all life;
They know the things true Pilgrims stand for.
Stand out!
Come to Him without the things the world brings;
Come to Him!
As a child and as a poor man.
He had all. He gave all.

~Charles Ives


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Beginning

I've reached a moment in my life when I have time almost daily to read and reflect. Since this moment also intimately connects with a life just beginning, a life finding new purpose, and a life pursuing new occupation, I find ample muse-worthy material, and plenty of information interesting enough, at least to those that love me, to make public. Voila, the impetus for this blog. I have no other agenda than simply sharing and documenting our family life, nor have I deluded myself with unrealistic expectations of post-regularity or comprehensiveness. Readers must, alas, content themselves with what I can manage.

Having explained and defended myself to my satisfaction, I ask you now, dear reader, to recognize me and my family for who we are: imperfect pilgrims en route to a new world. My life goal is heretofore to enjoy the daily grind that brings us one slow step at a time nearer our destination, no matter the dirt or the tears (or the spit-up, for that matter). I hope to make this space a look-out of sorts, from which I can stand back and glimpse our progress.

4 comments:

  1. I am excited to see/read more about your lives - I look forward to your musings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely darling as are your Charlies. I'll just wait with baited breath...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! So nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're starting your own blog! Woohoo!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete